Getting arrested causes great stress for the inmate and their loved ones. One of the first things someone thinks about once arrested is getting out of jail. Unfortunately, the wait times can be lengthy, especially if one gets arrested on a weekend or holiday. Once the judge comes in, the individual will have to wait on their bail hearing. When the judge grants bail, coming up with the money can be tough, especially if you have to pay thousands. Most people don’t have that kind of money lying around.
Everyone knows the crime rates in Houston, Texas are higher than they should be. Unfortunately, some people behind bars right now simply made mistakes and are now in jail. Robbery is one of the top crimes in Houston, TX. The police in Houston are just trying to do their jobs. They want to keep crime down and are not out to bust you for no reason. If you cooperate during the arrest, things will go smoother while you wait on your release.
If you cannot afford bail, hiring the best bail bondsman in Houston, Texas is the next step toward freedom. Paying a bail bondsman gets you out of jail quickly to wait on your trial. Although you likely hoped you’d never have to hire a bail bondsman, mistakes have happened, and you are here. How can you find the best bail bondsman for your needs? Here are some tips to get you started on finding a bail bondsman to help you or a loved one get out of jail.
- Availability is one of the first things you need to look for when finding a bail bondsman. You will want to find a bondsman who is available 24/7. If the bail bondsman is unavailable, you are going to be stuck in jail longer. If you call in the middle of the night and the bail bondsman doesn’t answer, look elsewhere for these services.
- The bail bondsman should outline everything you can expect in the process. The bail bondsman should explain everything in great detail and answer any questions you have. If you feel like the bondsman is rushing the process, consider looking for another professional. Being ill-informed can lead to problems.
- You can also ask the detention officers for assistance in finding a bail bondsman. You might think the officers want you to stay in jail forever. Actually, these people, more than others, realize it’s possible to make a mistake and get arrested. These officers work with bail bondsmen daily and are a good source of information. Don’t be afraid to ask for assistance.
- You also want to find a bail bond agent that moves fast. Staying in jail too long becomes very stressful. Why should you have to wait because a bail bond agent is dragging their feet? You can tell a bail bond agent is going to move fast if they are asking you plenty of questions, such as the full name of the inmate and where they are being held. Giving this information helps the bail bond agent move rapidly to get you or a loved one out of jail.
- Do you have a defense lawyer? If you have a lawyer, this professional is one of the best sources of information for finding the names of bail bond agents in your location. Your defense lawyer should be more than willing to help you find a bail bond agent that can help you get out of jail as fast as possible.
- Reading reviews is something you should always do to make sure you are choosing the right bail bond agent. Reviews can tell you a lot about an agent. If you see many bad reviews, be careful. Look for a bail bond agent that has positive reviews.
One of the biggest mistakes people make when looking for a bail bondsman is rushing the process. Yes, you want to get out of jail fast, but rushing the search is only going to lead to increased issues, including the possibility of making the wrong decision. By researching and learning all you can, you will be ready to make the right choice so you can get out of jail with as little stress as possible.
If you’ve made a mistake and gotten arrested, all hope is not lost. If the judge grants you bail, getting out of jail is fairly painless with help from a bail bond agent. With a surety bond, you can get out of jail within a couple of hours or less.